Coedpoeth v Penycae (1)

SCORERS: Alex Rowlands
Alex Rowlands
Ryan Jones
M.O.T.M: Alex Rowlands
STARTING XI: Josh Williams Adam Mills Kyle Davies Ryan Merrill Ryan Jones Adam Peters Alex Rowlands Ben Jones Austin Owen Mike Parry Luke Peters
SUBSTITUTES: Rhys Powell Adam Yeap Dyfan Smith
Today we travelled to Coedpoeth in what was a massive game in our fight for survival. We made a couple of changes due to players missing with Josh Williams coming back from Australia to play in goal and Luke Peters in for suspended captain Josh Millington
We started the game really well and took the lead after 5 mins through Alex Rowlands who fired into the top corner after good work by Austin Owen down the right. This settled us and we began to take control of the game, Austin was looking sharp up front and causing problems with his pace in behind. On 15 mins Luke Peters was fouled in the box and a penalty was awarded, Alex Rowlands stepped up and calmly slotted in for 2-0. A great start by us and looking comfortable. On 25 mins poor defending from us allowed Coedpoeth to pull a goal back with the striker having an easy tap in for 2-1. Coedpoeth gained confidence from the goal and put us under pressure and 10 mins later it was 2-2 with us none existence in defence again. We lost our composure and began to play as individuals, we also got involved with the referee who seemed to take pleasure in every decision he made and decided to start booking players for nothing. Ht 2-2. 
After a bit of a talking to at half time about getting back into the game by using Austin upfront and to not get involved with the referee, we asked for an improvement and bit of fight. The 2nd half started sloppy with both teams misplacing passes, on 60 mins the referee got involved again and sent off Adam Peters who he deemed to raise his head into a Coedpoeth player, everyone on the pitch and at the game couldn't believe what was going on, clearly a mistake by the referee but he stood by his decision and we were down to 10 men. This seemed to rally our players and we began to pressure the Coedpoeth goal with their keeper pulling off 3 great saves to keep the scores level. On 73 mins we took the lead, when a corner from Alex Rowlands hit the crossbar and Ryan Jones was on hand to stab the ball home. We settled down and kept Coedpoeth away from our goal, Austin Owen and Mike Parry were working hard up front and the defence were solid. With us deep into injury time Coedpoeth had a throw in out wide, they packed the box and launched it into the box, Ryan Merrill won the header and we cleared our box, the referee blew the whistle, which we thought was full time, but no, he awarded a penalty for Coedpoeth, again a decision nobody knew what for, there was no appealing from Coedpoeth for anything but a penalty was awarded. Our players were gutted as they worked so hard with 10 men. After a couple of mins the Coedpoeth player stepped up and hit the penalty wide, relief from our players and a sense of justice for us. A very important 3 points today and a confidence builder for the team. A referees job is hard which we know, but today was a day he should forget quickly.