Penycae v Lex Glyndwr

SCORERS: Shaun Pemberton
Mike Parry
M.O.T.M: Phil Fitzpatrick
STARTING XI: 1. Matt Griffiths 2. Ben Jones 3. Kyle Davies 4. Alex Peters 5. Phil Fitzpatrick 6. Josh Jones 7. Alex Rowlands 8. Shaun Pemberton 9. Austin Owen 10. Tom Edwards 11. Mike Parry
SUBSTITUTES: 12. Ramone Nelson 14. Josh Millington 15. James Trigg 16. Nathan Evans 17. Ian Andrews
Today was a game we couldn't afford to lose with lex being in a similar position to us. The players new it was a big game and that 3  points would ease the pressure a bit. We started the game very fast with Austin Owen rattling the bar after just 20 seconds, we thought we'd kick on from there but it was complete opposite with us struggling to put 2 passes together. Lex began to take control and pushed our defence back, we were to slow closing down and allowed lex to play through us only for the final ball letting them down. On 15 mins a long ball played forward meant a race between Josh Jones and the lex winger, he made a great tackle but the referee deemed it a foul. From the resulting free kick, lex scored with a powerful shot that hit the underside of the bar and went in. 0-1. This gave lex confidence and they began to cause problems with set pieces and long throws into our box, we managed to defend well and get back into the game with Mike Parry making some surging runs down the left only for our final ball getting cleared. As it was getting close to half time, the message was not to concede and keep it tight, with 2 mins to go we broke down the right through Ben Jones, he played into Austin Owen who set Shaun Pemberton up for a shot, he struck a powerful shot into the top corner for 1-1. Ht 1-1. After a bit of stern words at half time the lads came out firing and got forward at every opportunity, crosses were put into the box but lex held firm. On 52 mins  a hopeful long ball was played over the top, Matt Griffiths came to meet the ball and clear it, but his attempt mishit and dropped for the lex player to square it for his teammate to tap into an empty net. 1-2. This clearly affected our players as they were on top at the time. We managed to regain some composure and got the ball moving forcing lex to defend deep inside their half. We created a few half chances but it was looking like a day of frustration, then on 85 mins, Mike Parry found himself 30 yards out and unleashed a shot that beat the keeper and hit the post and nestled in the far corner for 2-2. Our tails were up and we pushed for a winner, this left gaps at the back and lex nearly got a winner themselves when the striker went through 1 on 1 only to shoot straight at matt. In the last minute of stoppage time we won a free kick out wide, as it was delivered into the box it looped up in the air, Shaun Pemberton went for the overhead kick and it was flying in only for the lex keeper to make a fantastic save. Ft 2-2. A battling display from us and we never gave up and got a deserved equaliser.